Recently I ran into a problem in my RCP application during the generation of a PDF file from a BIRT report. This only happened when trying to run the export from the exported product:
The first problem was an "Error.OutputFormatNotSupported".
This was a little bit strange, since I would have expected some syntax errors in my project trying to use stuff from another plugin that is referenced to my project.
Anyway, I was able to fix this by adding "org.eclipse.birt.engine.emitter.pdf" to my run configuration. After that I got another error:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.engineexception cant create data engine
After that, the report was working from Eclipse as well as from the exported project.
Here is a kitten: